Monday, April 26, 2010

There's a Season for Everything

The wisest man in the world wrote that there is a season for everything under heaven. "A time to be born and a time to die..." This season of death has come upon my family. At the young age of 73, my dad's life is being snuffed out by asbestosis. This has been a shock to us, and at this point, has caused me to adjust my life a bit. There are still things I must to do keep EMM moving forward; but there are also some things that I can cut back on so I can spend more time in these final days and weeks with my mom and dad. Please pray for both of my parents. Each time hospice comes to their home, they seem to increase my dad's medications, which means he is deteriorating.

For the time being, I will put my devotionals on hold since I will not have a computer with me while visiting my dad. Some have suggested that I take a laptop computer along so that I can write and do other things, but I prefer not to own a laptop. So please forgive me for the break in the devotional schedule. I will get back to it as soon as I can. I do enjoy looking at I John with you, and many of the comments I have read from our readers have been quite rewarding.

Today I am leaving for Peru, along with my son, Ben, and Gary Losey our Festival Director. This will be our last trip before the festival that takes place the end of May. I will be teaching the Christians there on relational evangelism, as well as doing media interviews and speaking with the pastors. Gary will be training the counselors that we will use for all of our events. They are the ones who will pray with those who want to trust in Christ. He will also have numerous committee meetings covering more details than I could ever keep up with. Ben will be going over the many details of our daily ministries and making sure that everything is ready for the 25 team members that will be serving with us. He will be visiting each location for our eye-glass, medical, and dental clinics. It's an important final trip for all three of us and I would so appreciate your prayers. With my dad not doing well, I am finding it a bit difficult right now to concentrate fully on ministry, but I know the Lord will give me grace.

We are also in need of about $6,500 for de-worming medicine for the children and other humanitarian works we are planning to do in Peru. If you feel like you can help or make our need known to others, that would be so appreciated. We know from our past ministry in Peru how much these medicines bring relief to the children and open doors for the Gospel!

Thank you for your prayers during this difficult time. I know that they are making a difference and will continue to do so.

Peace to you,

Dan

P.S. Come visit us on Facebook for the latest on EMM!

Copyright 2010 Eternity Minded Ministries

No comments: